- Written by Rita Langeland
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Ephesians 5:15-17 NKJV
Redeeming = "to buy up for oneself," or "buying up the opportunity"
Time =from the Greek word kairos, “an opportune time,” "a season," “a time in which something is seasonable.” Different from the word chronos – which expresses the duration of a period, kairos stresses it as marked by specific features. Chronos marks quantity, kairos, quality.
Unwise =imprudent ordering of one's life in regard to salvation (Hastings Bible Dictionary)
REDEEM YOUR OPPORTUNE TIME OR SQUANDER IT!
How to squander it:
- Waste your time on worthless, meaningless, carnal, worldly activities that have no eternal value and add no value to your life's purpose
- Waste it by mourning /beating yourself up for past mistakes
- Waste it by wishing you had done it years ago
- Waste it by complaining /focusing on about your difficult circumstances and all the barriers to accomplishing your dreams
- Waste it by comparing yourself and your state in life with other people
- Waste it by waiting for someone else to make a move first
- Waste it by waiting until everything in your life is in perfect order before you take a step of faith
OUR EXAMPLE – MOSES:
- Moses had to choose to believe and act on the Word from God that it was his opportune time to become God’s Deliverer for Israel though he had been in the backside of the wilderness for 40 years.
- He made a Destiny-defining choice to move forward though he felt it was a very inopportune time – too late, too old, too unprepared, too unqualified.
- Moses didn’t have much to offer but he gave God what he did have – his shepherd’s staff – and God used that to make a way for him in Pharaoh’s court.
- When God says it is the OPPORTUNE TIME – He provides the grace to assist you in the process as He did with Moses.
How to redeem YOUR opportune time:
- Choose to believe and act on the Word from God that 2013 is YOUR opportune time to move forward in walking in God’s will and purpose for your life
- Make a solemn commitment to God that you will not squander the time He has given to you in 2013
- Surrender every area of your life to God’s will, purpose and plan – WITHOUT RESERVATION (God honors a surrendered heart)
- Spend time in prayer to ask God for specific directions, Divine connections, and supernatural provision
- If you don’t know what the BIG plan, purpose or will of God for your life at this point – then do as Ephesians 5:17 says: firmly grasp what you know to be the will of God and do those things – God will honor that obedience and add revelation to you so you will come to the place of knowing what to do next.(a lot of people don’t know the BIG plan – so they get stuck – and don’t even do the small things they do know are God’s will. God says if you are faithful in little things– THEN He will trust you with much more) It is very possible God is waiting on YOU to do a small thing He told you to do long ago that you have not done.
- Take what you currently have (no matter how small or insignificant it may appear to you) and commit to using it for God’s purpose. Moses’ staff didn’t look like anything you would take into a palace of a king – yet it was the very thing God used to open the door to supernatural demonstrations that would convince Pharaoh of Moses’ Divine connection. Don’t wait to have a million dollars to do something for God – take the $10 you do have and start by faith.
Pray for and depend on God’s GRACE assisting you – don’t try to make it happen in your own strength. His grace will give you supernatural strength and power to do things you can’t do, open doors you cannot open, and give you FAVOR you couldn’t pay for! Then you will see that 2013 will truly be the YEAR OF YOUR OPPORTUNE TIME!